Skip to main content
Enacted on April 1, 2005
Revised on April 1, 2010
President & CEO
1. Establish rules for managing personal information protection and make continual improvements Hitachi will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will establish rules for personal information management to appropriately use and protect personal information and ensure that the management system is put in execution. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
2. Collect, use and provide personal information and forbid the use of such information for purposes other than the original intent While carefully considering the personal information is entrusted to us in our company activities, Hitachi will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following our rules for collecting, using or providing personal information. In addition, Hitachi will not use such information for purposes other than the original intent and will implement appropriate measures for it.
3. Implement safety measures and correct problems to ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Hitachi will implement various measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company and preventing incorrect access from outside the company, and strive to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of personal information. In addition, when any problems regarding safety measures are found, Hitachi will identify the cause to take corrective measures.
4. Follow laws and norms Hitachi will follow the Japanese laws, guidelines and other norms for the handling of personal information. Also, Hitachi will conform our rules with personal information management to such laws, guidelines and other norms.
5. Respect a person's rights regarding his or her personal information when a person makes a request to disclose, correct or delete his or her own personal information, seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, or gives any complaints or requires consultation, Hitachi will respond with sincerity, respecting the person's rights related to that personal information.
Hitachi is granted the use of Privacy Mark, which is given by the Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC) to organizations that properly handle personal information.
Go to the website of the privacy mark system committee, JIPDEC
This document, "About Personal Information Protection", establishes the handling of all personal information by Hitachi in the company activities.
Information provided by person to Hitachi by entering in "Inquiry form" or other forms. Information provided by person to Hitachi through any method other than the above.
1. In relation to Hitachi's main business activities for electrical machinery parts, information communication machinery parts, electronic parts manufacturing and the information service, Hitachi will collect and use personal information only to achieve each purpose. When Hitachi requires a person to provide his/her personal information, we will clearly state the purpose of the use beforehand to obtain the consent of the person.
2. Hitachi will not provide personal information to a third party without first obtaining the prior consent from the person, except the circumstances under certain conditions.
3. When required to do so for business activities in which Hitachi is co-operating with Hitachi group companies, Hitachi may provide such group companies with personal information such as names, workplace or home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, etc. Details
When a person wants to request to disclose, correct, add, delete, stop usage, stop provision to a third party, or notify the purpose of usage of his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as "disclose and so on") held by Hitachi, or wants to raise complaints, the person is requested to follow the predefined procedures to make such request.
1. Request to person about provision of personal information, acquisition of prior consent, and personal information protection
2. Notification on handling of "About Personal Information Protection"
3. Notes about usage of cookies and Web beacons on website
4. When a person contacts Hitachi by telephone, the conversation may be recorded to aid accurate replies.
Request to person
Notification on handling of "About Personal Information Protection"
About usage of cookies and web beacons
For inquiries about this document except the request to disclose and so on of personal information and the raising complaints, please contact us in the following way. The contents of this site shall be in accordance with the laws of Japan. If you have an inquiry about Hitachi group company outside of Japan or the laws and regulations outside of Japan, please access to the Hitachi Group's website in the respective region accordingly.
Hitachi Group Global Network
Contact through Inquiry form
Contact by mail
Information Risk Management Department, Information Security Risk Management Division, Hitachi, Ltd.,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-8608,